Friday, February 24, 2012

What I Wore: The "Rachel Berry" Edition

Hello there lovelies,

Sadly, this post is bringing a week of Glee to a close. I've had so much fun thinking up things to post this week, and taking photos, and wrangling my way through yesterday's DIY. So today, I decided to take some style cues from the gorgeous Gleek everyone loves to hate, Rachel Berry.

I am wearing: a polka-dot dress from Trade Secret ($19.95), leggings from Kmart ($10), shoes from Target ($11.30), a beanie from Trade Secret ($12.95), and the gorgeous little owl necklace that I bought at Paddy's Markets in Sydney ($15).

It should be noted that I am wearing heeled shoes! Even if they are small heels, and wedges. I have been loving wedges & heels of all varieties lately, which is strange for me. Usually I run screaming in the other direction from high heels and cower behind my beloved boots. I've actually bought not one, but two pairs of wedges on sale from Target in the last month (and if anyone wants to send these babies from Modcloth my way, I won't say no). I'm really surprising myself with the sudden attraction to heels.

It's been a long time since I've done a jazz hands photo, and let's face it, if there's anything the world really needs it is more jazz hands. Do you think these jazz hands would make it into the McKinley High Glee Club? I think Miss Rachel Berry would be proud - I only wish I'd had some blue tights on hand to really get the look down pat.

My little owlie! Try as I might, my SLR does not like focusing on him & it choose to focus on my bedotted booboids instead. I love this guy because he's so much daintier than my other owl necklaces. He makes such a nice little reminder of my awesome trip to Sydney earlier this year. I'm already planning another Sydney trip in my head - hopefully I'll get to meet up with some Sydney bloggers next time I go!

Are we totes twinsies, or what? I don't know what's up with my chronic bitchface, but I was totally that excited. I think it might be the 30+ degree sunlight that is the cause of my bitchface actually. Anyway, how did you lovely people like my first week of themed posts? Any recommendations for next time? I've already got some great ideas cooking up in my skull, but I'd love to hear from you!

Until next time, xo.

P.S. I couldn't possibly finish off a week of Glee-related posts without another gratuitous photograph of Puck. Aww yeah.

No comments:

Post a Comment