Saturday, February 18, 2012

Best of the Interwebz



Hello there lovelies,

My weekend hasn't been that much fun so far, since I've had some kind of plague & ended up spending my Friday afternoon in hospital for observation. Luckily, I've woken up feeling fine today, except for the fact that I think I may have been run over by a truck in my sleep. I've got to say though, the best thing about having to have two days off of work is lots of time to catch up on my blog reading. Here's some cool stuff I came across this week:

I am absolutely head over heels for Max California's Perler/Hama Beads Pixel Heart Necklace tutorial. Anything that makes real life look pixellated has got to be good.

I've rediscovered an old favourite blog this week: A Thrifty Mrs. Check out 8 Uses For Old Mascara Wands, Organising with Blackboard Drawers & How to Find Plus Size Clothes in Charity Shops.

Have I professed my love for Mary Lou Cinnamon yet? She is crazy stylish, sews up some of the best dresses I have ever seen, and has a super cute dog.

Erica of Recycled Fashion is selling handmade pink zipper brooches to raise money for breast cancer research. If you have some spare cash, you should totally buy one.

Bellies in and bellies out is a very interesting read about the humble belly throughout history.

Occupy Valentine's Day: in praise of being single is a great article about the way that we sometimes forget that being single is just as awesome as being in a relationship.

The Lazy Gal's Guide to Self-Love holds some great advice for those of us who don't have much time to spare for loving ourselves.

Absolutely head over heels for these DIY Owl Toms. Owls on my feet? Yes please!

For those of you as obsessed with putting doilies on things as I am, here's a really cute DIY doily purse tutorial. For more awesomeness from this same lady, here's a tutorial for making your own polaroids.

Tips For Great Outfit Photos has a lot of great suggestions if you're looking to improve your outfit photos, or just for some new inspiration.

Clothing Myself with Grace and Truth is a fantastic post about dressing & being who you want to be, without caring what other people think of it.

My newest huge style crush is Zoe, from Girl With The Flower. She is just too frickin' fabulous.

And last, (but certainly never least), the sexacious Desiree is having a giveaway on her blog, and the video that goes with it is probably the best thing I have ever seen.



Isn't she frickin' fabulous? I sure think so.

Until next time, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment