Monday, February 6, 2012

A Musical Interlude: With Love Songs

Hello lovelies,

In keeping with my theme from yesterday, I thought it was only fitting that I share my favourite love songs with you. For most of my teenage years, as I'm sure is fairly common, I was convinced that I would never find romantic love. I thought that love was about being pretty, and about compromising things about yourself to make the other person happy. Despite being convinced that I wouldn't ever find love, I was obsessed with love songs, and love stories. I have to admit that I still am. I adore stories about how other people fell in love, or out of love, or found love where they didn't expect it. I certainly didn't expect that I would find love when I drove through Brisbane to a friends place for the first time, hopped up on close to three litres of iced coffee. I drink up stories of unconventional love, of unrequited love, of love enhanced or destroyed by distance & time. But most of all, I love the way that love songs preserve love at its' best.


I love you all. You could probably imagine me serenading you with these songs, but that might get a tad weird for all of us. I can't say I'd really recommend it. Do you like to listen to love songs? What are some of your favourites?

Until next time, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment