Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Horrifying Trends That I Love #8

Hello there lovelies,

It's been a while since my last fashion confession, and how could I continue to deprive you of my ramblings about things like shredded t-shirts, and owls? Besides, there is no way that anyone in the world anywhere, ever, could not share my love for this trend:

Rompers/jumpsuits of course! Sidenote: good old friend Google is telling me that "romper" refers to the sort-legged variety, and "jumpsuit" to the long-legged variety. If this is correct, then I learned something new today, and have spent most of my life insulting rompers by calling them jumpsuits. Either way, I find them totally adorable, stylish, and (God forbid) even somewhat practical. Wearing one of these babies you look as classy as you would wearing a dress BUT YOU HAVE PANTS ON. Am I the only one who finds this notion incredible? Or the only one who finds it amazing because I always forget that I can't bend over while wearing a dress?

Also, until tonight I never realised what a jumpsuit/romper shopping wet-dream Etsy is - but seriously, check this shit out:





Click on the photos to visit the Etsy listings.

On a note somewhat related to this post, I may or may not have purchased a navy polka-dotted romper from work today. On a similarly related note, I may or may not plan to wear it on my next trip to Hervey Bay in order to scare the locals. Pfft, who am I kidding. We all know that I wholeheartedly support scaring the locals anywhere, anytime - and if there are jumpsuits & rompers involved, then all the better.

So, where do you stand? Are you a fan of the combined top & pants/shorts? Do jumpsuits/rompers make you want to dry-retch, or dry-hump? The Boyfriend is as yet undecided. He thinks they can look good, but is not entirely sold on them being more practical than dresses. Care to prove him wrong?

Until next time, xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment