Sunday, May 22, 2011

What I Wore Today (Possibly Includes A Blanket)

Hello there lovelies,

It's been a bit of a hard weekend. I've been feeling pretty down, The Boyfriend has been feeling pretty down, our financial situation is getting worse, and it's turning into a bit of a pity party up in here. The best cure for being a bit down in the dumps - in my opinion - is dressing up comfortably, having a stiff drink, and watching a bit of Stargate: SG1. Possibly because I grew up watching SG1, so it has actually started to feel like Colonel O'Neill, Captain Carter, Daniel Jackson & Teal'C are real people. Hallucinations? Possibly. Delusions? Highly likely. Feeling slightly better? Definitely.

Saturday Outfit Rundown:

Knit Cardi: Trade Secret, $29.95
Long-sleeve Top: Trade Secret, $12.95
Pants: Trade Secret, $10
Owl Necklace: Trade Secret, $8.95

I affectionately refer to this knit cardigan as a wearable blanket. I am ecstatic every year when it gets cold enough to wear it again. Here it is last year, and last year again. It seems to be fitting me a whole lot nicer now though. Or is that just me? Perhaps I am starting to have delusions about being stylish whilst wearing blankets. Perhaps I just like blanket-wear. WHO KNOWS.

Moving right along, this morning The Boyfriend and I actually ventured out of the house. We took a trip into the Ipswich Art Gallery, to catch their current "How To Make A Monster" exhibit, which shows a bit about how animatronic monsters are designed and made. If you're in the Ipswich/Brisbane area I'd really recommend it. The exhibit isn't huge, but it is very interesting and it's free! Hurry if you want to catch it though, next Sunday is the last day.

Sunday Outfit Rundown:

Shirt: Trade Secret, $24.95
Long-sleeve Shirt: Bonds, $16.95
Pants: Kmart, $20
Boots: Trade Secret, $29.95
Necklace: made by MarySew

The real star of this outfit is the shirt - I fell in love with the corset-back/bustle detail! I ended up feeling rather steampunkish today. And by steampunkish, I mean awesome. The Boyfriend is in love with this shirt as well, so that's got to be good. I like to think that he is rather enjoying my experimentation with the world of style beyond just jeans & t-shirts. But perhaps I am delusional for the third time in this post? Ah well, you get that.

Until next time, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment