Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Party Supplies


Many of you don't know the dude Party Supplies yet. Big problem. So consider this me cluing you in. I met the gent at a party Penguin Prison and NSR were DJing. Dude was chatting with me about some Kanye remix he'd just wrapped up. And not knowing any better, I thought to myself, "Dude probably just banged out a cringe-worthy mash-up and called it a day." I'm a hater, I have trust issues, whatever.

Anyways, I totally underestimated Sir Party Supplies. Heard the "Power" remix. Loved it. Then came his remix of "Money Grabber" by Fitz and the Tantrums. Um, word. So nice. A real stomper, if you will. And his remix of "Home" by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros? Similarly ticey. All sorts of warm, endearing vibes on this one. Good stuff. Great stuff, even.





So that's that. Unsurprisingly, Party Supplies is getting his hands in some pretty major stuff these days. New York folk have seen him on bills with Shyvonne, Cubic Zirconia, Machine Drum, Popo, and others already this year. Keep an eye on his blog for upcoming productions and gigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment