Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What I Wore: The Spring Melancholy Edition

Hello there lovelies,

This is another outfit from the archives - or, you know, from a week and a half ago. I wore this on the day after we found out that The Boyfriend's Nana had passed away. I was trying to cheer myself up & take my mind off of things by dressing up and having a bit of a photoshoot, but I was still very melancholy. I don't like to read too much into the things that I wear, but I was trying to mourn & celebrate life at the same time. I wasn't planning on posting these photos because it was such a personal day, but I liked this outfit so much & I try not to censor myself too much when I'm blogging.

I wore: floral dress ($10), sandals ($14.95), belt ($5.95), black rose bracelets ($8.95), black rose ring ($4.95) all from Trade Secret, maxi dress layered underneath from Kmart ($10) and the gorgeous owl that goes with everything from Sarah Misfit. You know, I am so incredibly glad that the beautiful Sarah chose to send me this owl necklace. It has become a talisman of sorts for me - when I'm feeling majorly down, or in a huge horrifying rush, or feel like everything in my wardrobe makes me look like a walrus I reach for it. It reminds me that there are people out there who care for me & support me, even in the worse of times. Perhaps that seems silly, but I'm rather sentimental like that.

Hope you're having a great hump day!

Until next time, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment