Saturday, April 7, 2012

What I Wore: The High-School Throwback Edition

Hey there guys,

I actually wore this outfit last weekend, when I was feeling somewhat nostalgic for my youth - and my days of wearing outfits that were mostly held together by safety pins. Oh man, I remember this one cool t-shirt that I had. It had the muppets on it, playing in some kind of rock band & I slashed it up so that the side seams & shoulder seams were held together by safety pins, and the sleeves were saftey pinned on. It was my favourite shirt. I wore it to TAFE/high school pretty much every day. I think I still have the pieces of it somewhere, waiting for a DIY resurrection. This outfit reminds me so much of highschool - the friends and the frenemies, the boys I "loved" and the boys I "hated", the broken hearts, the highschool sweethearts, the growth, the exploration, the alienation.

I am wearing: an opshopped t-shirt that I shredded myself ($1), the infamous grey singlet that was long ago stolen from The Boyfriend, pants from Target ($39.95), sandals from Trade Secret ($14.95), and my favourite owl necklace from Sarah Misfit. A side-note to anyone that wants to try shredding a t-shirt themselves: that shit takes forever! I worked on this over a weekend, and then every day after work for a week and still only got this far (front & back). It's also hard to do without creating huge holes in the shredded pieces of the shirt. But it looks pretty damn awesome, amirite? Although, I did feel obliged to be a little sullen and moody all day. Perhaps a throwback to my highschool self? I guess we'll never really know.

Until next time, xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment